In honor of National Coffee Day, here are some great ways that you can use caffeine to benefit your skin!
Did you know?
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants fight and protect our cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that destroy cells and speed up the aging process. To protect your body and skin: eat healthy, be aware of chemicals that you are exposed to, know what products you are using on your body, and shield your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Caffeine has stimulating effects. These effects are popular for morning wake-me-ups, but did you know that caffeine also has a similar affect when used topically? Moderate doses of caffeine can help increase alertness, enhance mood, combat fatigue, and topically applied to constrict blood vessels to reduce redness and perk up skin.
What can it do for you?
- Reduce under eye circles: Applying caffeine directly onto the skin under your eyes helps reduce puffiness and redness. Use an eye cream that contains caffeine or relax with moist tea bags for a few minutes.
- Smooth out cellulite: Caffeine has diuretic properties. When directly applied onto skin, it will temporarily dehydrate fat cells to make skin appear smoother.
- Naturally exfoliate & rejuvenate: Mix up some ground coffee beans with your favorite oil or plain Greek yogurt for a natural and energizing skin treatment.
Stop by your local Whole Foods today and tomorrow for a cup of 12 oz. Allegro coffee for only 25 CENTS! Happy sipping!